Frequently Asked Questions
Please be patient with your inquiries.
MYSC is a volunteer organization. We receive a lot of questions via phone calls and emails. Most inquiries we receive can be answered by the material on this website. Please look for the answers to your questions before calling or emailing. Emails usually receive priority over phone calls. They are routed directly to the person responsible for that department. Please try to route your questions to the appropriate department, i.e., registration, referees, fields, equipment, etc.
Mukilteo Youth Soccer Club's mission is to provide a quality youth soccer program to educate and develop physical and teamwork skills for families primarily within the Mukilteo School District boundaries.
What day are the games held?
- Our micro teams play on Saturday mornings at the same location--usually at 8:30 AM, 9:30 AM, or 10:30 AM. Our 8U-12U teams will play most games on Saturdays and 3-4 on Sundays. North Sound Rec League sets the day that 13U-19U teams play based on age groups. As soon as North Sound Rec League releases the days of play matrix for Fall, we will post it on our website.
How many players are on a team?
Maximum roster sizes are as follows:
- Mirco teams (04U/05U and 06U/07U): 7 players--play 3v3 (no goalie)
- 8U: 8 players--play 4v4 (goalie optional)
- 9U & 10U: 12 players--play 7v7 (with goalie)
- 11U & 12U: 14 players--play 9v9 (with goalie)
- 13U-19U: 18 players--play 11v11 (with goalie)
WPL/NSRL sets roster sizes, and our club must follow these placement guidelines.
Recreation Fall Soccer
- Registration for fall soccer begins May 1, and registration is available on our website.
- Recreational soccer uses the terms: Micro 4U/5U/6U/7U, Modified Soccer 8U through 11U, and Recreational Soccer - 12U through 18U/19U ages. Micro and Modified (MOD) soccer means the rules, size of the field, and playing times are modified to accommodate players under the age of ten. MYSC offers MICRO, MOD, and Recreational Soccer during the fall season, and the season is usually seven to ten weeks or seven to ten games, depending on age group.
Recreation Spring Soccer
- MYSC offers a six-week recreational spring soccer program.
- Registration opens on February 15th and is for players 4U through 16U.
- Registration fees: Micro 4U-7U is $60. Recreation 8U-16U is $75. Players not playing in the fall season must also pay for a player card.
- Jersey kits are not available in the spring. However, we hold a Uniform Sale Night where players can purchase a different size. New players can purchase a jersey kit at that time.
What is select soccer?
- There are many select soccer programs in the Snohomish County area. Select teams are players selected during tryouts hosted by select programs. Select teams can play in a district or premier program depending on the age of the players, skill & commitment. The district program plays soccer in the fall at the same time as recreational teams. District teams have games from Tacoma to Bellingham. Premier teams may play anywhere within the State of Washington. Select teams are formed in the spring of each year and usually begin practicing right away & throughout the year. Select teams can play in summer tournaments to prepare for the fall season. Select soccer teaches advanced skills and requires players to be fit, responsible, and committed.
8U - 11U age group soccer program
- The 8U - 11U boys and girls program is a small-sided 'modified' soccer program. This enables the players to have more touches on the ball at each game &/or practice, improving their ability to play and understand the game of soccer. Teams are formed and play teams from other clubs throughout Snohomish County. The state of Washington has adopted this small-sided program for the 8U through 11U age categories. U = under
MICRO soccer 4U/5U/6U/7U
The six-game season begins in early September and will run for approximately eight weeks. Practice & some general information is listed below. The volunteer coach sets team details. This program is very popular, and we recommend you register your child in May to ensure participation.
- Games will occur on Saturday mornings at Explorer Middle School at 8:30 AM, 9:30 AM, or 10:30 AM.
- Teams will consist of 7 players maximum.
- Micro Coaches usually hold 1-2 practices per week.
- The club will provide training equipment and uniform jerseys for the teams.
What does my registration fee cover?
- Registration fees pay for field equipment, including goal nets, balls and cones, player insurance, referees, medical supplies, administration costs, field rental fees, and our registration fees to Washington Premier League.
- Micro 4U-7U includes a jersey.
- 8U-13U includes a jersey, shorts, and socks
- 14U-19U team can choose to use MYSC standard jersey, shorts, and socks at no additional charge. Most MYSC teams use the club uniform.
- Your team coach is a volunteer and is not paid for his/her time.
Financial Aid Information
- MYSC has a generous financial aid policy available during the fall season. If financial aid is granted, our registrar will email you a coupon code. Once you get the coupon code, you must register your child online and put in the coupon code on the payment screen. You must pay the remaining balance with a credit or debit card.
How do I register a player?
- Click the REGISTRATION option above, select REGISTER, click on REGISTER, Log into GotSport. Follow the onscreen instructions. You must pay the balance due at registration with a credit or debit card. Your online member account allows the club & coaches to communicate with you, informing you about upcoming MYSC soccer events or updates regarding the season.
How do I register my child without using the online system?
- Our online registration system is safe and secure, and your information is kept entirely confidential. We encourage all families to use the online registration system; it is the most efficient way of registering your child for our program. The payment system allows payment by credit or debit cards. The registration system is available 24/7 via our website; look for the registration option. If you have difficulty, please email us at
How much does it cost to play soccer?
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION FEES (if registered in May)
Micro 4U-5U: $90 (Includes a Team Jersey)
Micro 6U-7U: $90 (Includes a Team Jersey)
MOD 8U: $90 (includes a Team Jersey, Shorts, and Socks)
9U-18/19U: $165 (Includes a Team Jersey, Shorts, and Socks)
Starting June 1st, the above fees will increase by $15 for all divisions.
If you have several players to register, the family maximum fee is $300.
Financial Aid is available for families in need, and the application is available on our website under Resources/Resources for Parents.
Do you accept beginning soccer players?
- Absolutely! MYSC offers recreational soccer for all ages of players...with or without experience playing. Players entering preschool through high school play the programs we offer.
How old does my child need to be to play soccer?
- Players are placed on teams based on their birth year. Please refer to our age chart to see where your child will fit. Age Chart