Mukilteo Youth Soccer Club has made some changes to the way the micro-program operates.
Instead of holding 1-2 practices during the week, we have changed to a 30-minute practice session on Saturday Mornings. Then a 30-minute game immediately follows.
Coaches may still choose to practice during the week once field access is approved through our field coordinator.
- Each team should receive an MYSC gear bag with equipment, including one game ball.
- For new coaches, please coordinate with our equipment coordinator via email at
- Returning coaches, if you need anything replenished, please coordinate with our equipment coordinator via email at
Game Day Rules
- Home teams with the earliest games will set up the field. (See field setup below)
- Away teams with the latest games will change the field to a U8 setup after their game. (See field setup below)
- Each team will have time to practice. (Approximately 30 minutes)
- Games must start on time to finish in time for the next session.
- Games are broken up into two 15-minute halves.
- There is a five-minute break for halftime.
- Each team will switch direction at halftime.
- All kids must play a minimum of 50% of the game.
- Games are three vs. three with no goalies. (Think about the shape of a triangle)
- In the case of a jersey color conflict, the home team will be responsible for using scrimmage vests.
- The away team coach or delegate will be the referee for the first half and the home team for the second half.
- To start the match, the away team gets to kick off. After halftime, the home team gets to kick off.
- Kick-off starts at the center of the field at the beginning of each half and after every goal.
- A ball out of bounds over the touchline requires a throw-in restart.
- A ball out of bounds over the goal line is either a goal kick or a corner kick. This is determined by who touched the ball last. If the offense touches it last, then it is a goal kick. If the defense touches it last, then a corner kick.
- Goals are stored in the MYSC Storage - The access code is XXXX. (Contact
- For micro fields - Six fields go east and west. Each field gets two goals (12 total). The home team with an 8 or 9 AM start time is required to set up the field.
- For U08 fields - Three fields go north and south. Each field gets two goals. The away team with a 10:30 AM start time is required to set up the field after their game. Removal of two goals per field is required (6 total). Please place the removed goals inside the MYSC Storage.